Georgetown Sees Large Fire Near 1st Avenue Bridge, Firefighters on Scene

Georgetown Sees Large Fire Near 1st Avenue Bridge, Firefighters on Scene


Traffic on State Route 99 has been stopped due to a big fire that is burning adjacent to the First Avenue bridge.

A big fire started early on Wednesday morning in the Georgetown area of Seattle, close to the 1st Avenue Bridge. The fire started at three in the morning and swiftly spread to other surrounding structures, requiring the Seattle Fire Department to act immediately.

Locals reported witnessing massive plumes of smoke rising into the sky and hearing explosions. Multiple fire engines and ladder vehicles had to be dispatched due to the intensity and rapid spread of the fire. To control the flames and keep them from spreading to neighboring residential areas and businesses, firefighters put up endless effort.

Georgetown Sees Large Fire Near 1st Avenue Bridge, Firefighters on Scene

Image – The Seattle Times

Fire Chief Harold Green stated, “We received the call at approximately 3:05 AM and dispatched crews immediately.” “Putting out the fire and protecting the safety of the occupants and surrounding properties was our main priority. Fortunately, there haven’t been any reported injuries yet.”

Although the origin of the fire is still being investigated, preliminary reports indicate that it might have originated in a storage facility next to the bridge. Just before the fire broke out, witnesses reported seeing sparks and hearing a loud blast. This led to conjecture about a potential electrical breakdown or an accident involving goods that had been stored.


Two Individuals Arrested for Involvement in Separate California Wildfires

A small amount of the morning commute was disrupted while firefighters tackled the fire by briefly closing the 1st Avenue Bridge to traffic. The fire was mostly contained by six in the morning, but workers were still needed to put out any hotspots that remained and start the cleanup.

Residents of the area thanked the fire brigade for their prompt reaction. “Seeing something like this happen so close to home is scary,” local neighbor Emily Thompson remarked. “I’m just glad the firefighters were able to get here so quickly and stop it from getting worse.”

Residents have been urged by the authorities to stay away from the area while the cleanup and investigation are ongoing. We’ll keep you informed when further details become available.

Local officials are encouraging everyone to make sure their properties are safe and to report any suspicious activities or potential hazards in order to prevent future incidents, as the community starts to heal from this disaster.

In Georgetown, the fire is raging at First Avenue South and East Marginal Way South. It looks that multiple semi-trucks were on fire based on the scene’s camera footage.

Drivers were advised to seek alternate routes and anticipate delays by the transportation departments of Seattle and Washington State.

The Michigan Street exit is where traffic is being redirected.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *